IPFW’s Appleseed Writing Project, an affiliate of the National Writing Project, is pleased to announce its 12th Annual Invitational Summer Institute to be held on the IPFW campus from June 10-June 26, 2015.
The Appleseed Writing Project Summer Institute is an intensive writing workshop offering a professional development opportunity for teachers in all disciplines and grade levels K-16 to develop their skill as writers and as teachers who use writing effectively in their classrooms.
During the summer institute, teachers will develop a deeper understanding of writing instruction as well as research and reflect on their practice. Based upon the National Writing Project professional development model, institute participants will
- Increase their individual knowledge and enjoyment of writing
- Develop as writers
- Participate in writing groups to share and respond to one another’s words
- Present a demonstration of a successful teaching approach
- Discuss applications of current research and curricular movements in writing and writing assessment including CCSS and technology
- Share “best practices” that will empower their students
- Research and reflect on their own writing
- Develop skills of collaboration and coaching
For more information and to apply for the summer institute, complete the application form available on the “Summer Institute” page on https://appleseedwritingproject.wordpress.com by May 11 and submit it electronically as an email attachment to AWP Site Director Karol Dehr at dehr @ipfw.edu.